I managed to complete a few projects in October even though I lost a bunch of time due to travel. I didn’t meet many of my goals but I still feel like it was a pretty productive month for me.
Completed in October:
- Solaris Shawl – crochet – FROGGED!
- Giant red blanket – crochet – No progress.
- Gipsy Avenger – plastic model – No progress.
- Double knitting practice square – knitting – WIP
- Fortune’s Shawlette – crochet – WIP
Big Goal Progress:
- Knit a pair of socks. I’m getting better and faster at plain old knit and purl. I’m feeling ready to try this soon.
- Finish all my current WIPs (as of July 2018). I frogged one of the projects on this list the other night. I might try again sometime but for now I’m glad to not have it hanging over me.
- Use up some stash yarn. I used the leftover yarn from my gift shawl to make gloves, I think that counts!
- Make at least 3 handmade gifts. Done! The shawl is finished, the gloves will also be a gift, and the horrible scratchy purse will be a gift for my mom.
- Improve my digital art skills. No progress.
October Goals in review:
- Finish my Jaeger. Nope. I have really been slacking on this.
- Finish the gift I started in September. Done!
- Create one digital painting. Nope. It’s just not as relaxing as knitting or crochet.
- Finish my double knit square. Nope. I focused on knitting the scratchy project instead.
- Start and finish one small project. Double yes! I made fingerless gloves and a purse. Success!
- Finish my Jaeger. I really mean it this time.
- Finish two projects. Hopefully a few things I can give as xmas gifts.
- Keep working on my double knit square. I know I’ll be busy making presents this month, but I want to keep practicing on this.
- Start knitting a sock. I might mess up and/or frog it and start over, but I want to at least try.
- Mess around with digital art. Maybe setting the goal of a finished painting was too daunting. This month I want to at least say I tried to draw or paint something.