July felt like it was all socks, all the time for me, but in fact I did make a few other things too.
Completed in June:
- Giant red blanket (of doom) – crochet
- Gipsy Avenger – plastic model
- Irish Snood – crochet
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks – knitting
Big Goal Progress:
- Knit a pair of socks. Almost done!
- Finish all my current WIPs (as of July 2018). No new progress
- Use up some stash yarn. I used up some cotton stash making the dishcloth and coaster.
- Make at least 3 handmade gifts. Done!
- Improve my digital art skills. No progress
July Goals in review:
- Finish the pair of socks. Nope. I’m at least 3/4 done though!
- Pick a pattern for my pretty new yarn. I’m leaning toward these socks, or this shawl if I want to take a break from socks for a bit.
- Work on my Snood. Nope. It’s just too hard to focus on all that warm fluffy wool when it’s 105 degrees outside.
After working on socks for so long I need to shake things up a bit. But I also need to finish the socks!
- Finish my pair of socks. I’m on track to get this done soon if I keep up the pace. I’m not even bored of the project, I’m just eager to have the finished product and check off one of my Big Goals!
- Crochet something. It might be working on the Snood, or starting something new, but it needs to be something. I just went a whole month with no crochet and I don’t want that to happen again.
- Post every day. “Daily Creative Thing” has become more of a “most weekdays creative thing” due to work and travel. In honor of Blaugust, I want to try to get back to my daily schedule.
Only one more month of hot sweaty summer before we get to my favorite time of year!