It’s February already! This month marks some huge changes for me. I want my creative things to keep me rooted and help me deal with some of the stress of all this change.
Completed in January:
- Giant Red Blanket of Doom – crochet
- Irish Snood – crochet
- Fuzzy Mittens – crochet
- Harmonize Shawl – knit
January Goals in review:
- Finish my Diagon Alley socks. Yes!
- Start a project with some of the beautiful new yarn I got for xmas. Yes!
- Do one creative project that isn’t knitting or crochet. Nope.
I’m trying to be moderate in my goals this month because it’s going to take some time to adjust to my new schedule and living situation. I need my creative time to reduce stress not add to it this month!
- Finish my Harmonize Shawl. It might be a stretch but it would be nice.
- Make significant progress on either my snood or my mittens. Alternating knit and crochet is always good and finishing old projects is even better.
- Start one creative project that isn’t knitting or crochet. I might not complete something but hopefully I can at least get a new project started.
2020 Big Goals Progress:
- Learn to knit brioche. No progress.
- Make at least one “big” project. No progress.
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. I finished my Diagon Alley socks from last year.
- Learn a new creative skill. No progress.
- End the year with less yarn than I started with. I got 2 skeins of gift yarn in January so I’ve had negative progress on this one.
Saying goodbye to some great people and places in January was hard, but I’ve got some great new things on the horizon. Plus, starting soon I should be living with my spouse and my cats again. Progress!