More progress today. Should only take one more day to get as much body length as I can manage without running out of yarn later.
I also learned a valuable lesson about trying on garments in progress. There’s a reason why people suggest moving the project onto waste yarn to try it on. I tried this on while it was still on the needles, and managed to drop three stitches in the process. One managed to run several rows down before I grabbed it. By some miracle I managed to pick all three stitches back up and get everything fixed. It was the first time I had to do a fix that big on the fly and I feel very proud of myself. I didn’t even have to look up a tutorial, I just read my knitting and put everything back where it belonged. I definitely couldn’t have done that a year ago!