My July projects weren’t quite what I had envisioned at the start of the month, but I’m very happy with all my progress.
Completed in July:
- Giant Red Blanket of Doom – crochet
- One Skein Wonder – knit
- Stormy Day Socks – knit
- Wingspan – knit
July Goals in review:
- Complete a project that isn’t socks. Done! I made a dishcloth and a cardigan. Those are definitely not socks.
- Finish at least two sections of my Red Blanket. Done! All the sections are complete and I just need to attach everything now.
- Stay stash neutral or decrease stash. Done! This one is mostly thanks to my cardigan which used up several hundred grams of yarn.
- Finish the Red Blanket of Doom. I failed this goal earlier in the year. Now at least all the pieces are made. It is ambitious since there’s still a lot to join together but it would be amazing if I could get it done.
- Finish my One Skein Wonder and Stormy Day Socks. I have plans for several new projects but I need to finish these existing ones first or they are going to end up being WIPs forever.
- Try some sewing. In July I inherited an old sewing machine from a family friend who was downsizing. I am curious to see if I remember anything at all about how to sew.
2020 Big Goals Progress:
- Learn to knit brioche. No progress
- Make at least one “big” project. Made tons of progress on the Red Blanket, and completed a cardigan!
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. Getting close to completing the Red Blanket.
- Learn a new creative skill. No progress.
- End the year with less yarn than I started with. This month I received a mega-sized shawl skein (300g) I ordered at the start of the pandemic. Between the dishcloth, cardigan, and the finished sections of my blanket I used up a total of 816g. That’s a net of reduction of 516g of stash for July!
I don’t know why but July absolutely flew by for me. I still don’t have any exciting plans coming up because of the pandemic, so I guess it is a good thing that I really enjoy staying home and knitting.