I finally stopped delaying and started knitting on this shawl again. I had barely touched it since I started back in July! In these photos you can see where I was on Friday, and the progress I’ve made since then.
This project is using a very intimidating 1200 yd cake of yarn, which is why I’d been making lots of small easy things like dishcloths instead of working on it. My knitting buddy finished hers recently and it inspired me to get back to work. She shared a tracking spreadsheet for it, and I hope it helps keep me motivated. It splits up the project into manageable chunks, which is nice. It also tells you your percent completion, which is also nice in theory but less nice when it’s telling you that you’re only 4% done. I’ll just have to keep chipping away at it whenever I can!