I finished this hat over the weekend, and finally got all the ends woven in. It’s a bit better than the first attempt, but still a little on the small side. I modified the pattern a bit to add some extra stitches. This time I did the four-color rows as stranded colorwork instead of doing the beaks in duplicate stitch after the fact. My tension with two colors got pretty good by the end, but I’ve obviously got a long way to go to do any more than that. The finished product looks a bit nicer than the first one, and it does fit over my head (just). I hope it fits the person I’ll be giving it to, since I don’t have enough black yarn to make another attempt!
it looks fab… inspires to learn how to knit
LikeLiked by 1 person