November seemed to be the month of way too many projects. It was also the month of getting my crochet mojo back, which felt really nice. I’m enjoying having a few big crochet projects to balance my pile of knitting.
Completed in November:
- Gramma’s Dishcloth – knit
- Another Gramma’s Dishcloth – knit
- Another other Gramma’s Dishcloth – knit
- Puffin Hat – knit
- Puffin Hat 2 – knit
- Cardigan Pockets – crochet
- Xmas Gift Hat – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Ripple Lapghan – Tunisian crochet
- Dad Socks – knit
- Hexagon Blanket – crochet
- Holiday Throw – crochet
November Goals in review:
- Finish two xmas gift crafts – Yep! I finished two puffin hats but one does not fit so it probably doesn’t count. I also finished another gift hat that needs to go out in the mail soon.
- Finish the second set of feathers on my Wingspan – Nope! I’m guessing that my Wingspan is going to be put on hold until after xmas. I’ve still got too much holiday crafting I want to do.
- Make at least 30 hexagons for my blanket – Yep! I’ve got more than 60 hexagons done now. I think I need a minimum of around 110 for a small throw or 250 for a full sized one, so there’s still lots of crocheting to do.
- Make a dozen Christmas balls. They just look so fun! I want at least a few for our tree, and if I make enough I can give them as gifts.
- Finish all my holiday gift crafting in time. This one is pretty self-explanatory, and is the only actual hard deadline.
- Use up at least 1000 g of yarn. I don’t think there’s any hope of meeting my big goal of ending the year with less yarn than I started with, but I can at least try to put a dent in it.
2020 Big Goals Progress:
- Learn to knit brioche. No progress
- Make at least one “big” project. Done!
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. Done!
- Learn a new creative skill. Done!
- End the year with less yarn than I started with. The good news this month is that I used up over 2200 g of yarn with all the crochet I was doing. The bad news is that I bought almost 4000 g of yarn to make xmas gifts and am now about 1600 g in the hole for the year.
I can hardly believe we’ve nearly reached the end of this year. This year I am nervous about how the holidays will go, because of covid and because it is the first year without Mom. But, I am also excited to snuggle up with my cats and make some handcrafted warm fuzzy goodness.