How is it June already? How do I stay motivated to knit cozy things when it gets so hot out?
Completed in May:
- Bread and Scones – baking
- Acorns Socks – knit
- Delightful Dishcloth – knit
- Reversible Mood Octopus – crochet
- Mystic Topaz Socks – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Hexagon Blanket – crochet
- Fluff Nugget Cardigan – knit
May Goals in review:
- Make some amigurumi. Done! My mood octopus is super cute and it helped me get at least a little bit back into crochet again.
- Start and finish my cardigan. Nope. This was definitely way too ambitious of a goal. Maybe if I had managed not to get distracted by socks…
- Purchase zero yarn. Done! Zero new yarn entered my stash this month.
- Complete at least one pair of socks. I’m participating in Summer Sock Camp again this year and I want to try to knit one pair of socks per month while it is active.
- Make something for Pride. June is Pride month and I traditionally try to finish at least one project that reflects the Pride flag or a part of my identity. This year I have some rainbow sock yarn that is calling to me.
- Complete the body of my Fluff Nugget. I didn’t even come close to finishing it in May, and now I’m going to be focused on Sock Camp for a while. If I can at least finish the body I’ll consider it a great success.
2021 Big Goals Progress
- Knit a sweater. Done! I’ve knit two now!
- Complete a blanket. The hex blanket didn’t get much love this month but it’s still going.
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. My Wingspan and Hex Blanket are still semi-active WIPs.
- Make a return to digital art. No progress this month.
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. use up 1495 g). I gained zero yarn in May, and used up 332g.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
|Mystic Topaz Socks||74|
May was a bit exhausting for me with the new job, but I was still pretty productive. Maybe June will be even better, now that I’m settled into my new routine. I have lots of big crafting plans for this year and I’m not ready to slow down yet!