I did my best to finish a lot of my existing projects in July. Now it is time to dig into some xmas gift knitting, because nothing says “xmas” like knitting warm hats in the swampy August weather.
Completed in July:
- Fluff Nugget Cardigan – knit
- Musselburgh Hat – knit
- Bankhead Hat – knit
- St. Patrick’s Day Washcloth – knit
- Brushwood Beanie – knit
- Spouse Socks – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Hexagon Blanket – crochet
July Goals in review:
- Work on my Wingspan every week. Done!
- Finish all of the WIPs I started in June. Done! I finished my Spouse Socks late Saturday night.
- Don’t start any new projects until I complete at least 2 WIPs. Done! I finished my cardigan and Musselburgh hat before starting anything new.
- Knit a pair of socks using DPNs. I really like the two-at-a-time magic loop method for socks, but I have never even tried using DPNs. This month I would like to learn, so I can decide which method I enjoy most.
- Finish three xmas knits, including at least one that is not a hat. I have a ton of xmas gifts in mind for this year. Most of them are hats, but some are bigger projects. I’d like to work on both kinds this month.
- Finish the section of 16 feathers that I am working on for my Wingspan. It might be a stretch to get it done at my slow pace, but I definitely want to try to keep making progress on this project so I can finish it before the end of the year.
2021 Big Goals Progress
- Knit a sweater. Done! I’ve now knit three sweaters this year. What an overachiever.
- Complete a blanket. No progress in July but the Hex blanket is never far from my mind.
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. Still working on my Wingspan and Hex Blanket.
- Make a return to digital art. No progress this month.
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. use up 1495 g). I gained 1000 g of yarn in July, and used up 453 g. Technically all the yarn I bought was purchased in June, it just arrived in July, but it is still filling up my stash either way. At least I used almost half that amount this month to help offset it.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
|Knit Picks Chroma, 8 skeins||800|
|Knit Picks Swish DK, 4 skeins||200|
|St. Patrick’s Day Dishcloth||33|
I got some knitting mojo back in July and I hadn’t even realized it was missing. I’m hoping that this momentum will carry me into some great new projects in August!