I got some xmas gift knitting out of the way in August. This month I’d like to focus on some WIPs and maybe finish something for myself.
Completed in August:
- DPN Socks – knit
- Starting Grid Hat – knit
- Flax Baby Sweater – knit
- Volcano Trail – knit
- Baby Barley Hat – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Hexagon Blanket – crochet
August Goals in review:
- Knit a pair of socks using DPNs. Done! This wasn’t my favorite method of sock knitting but I am very glad that I tried it and learned how to make it work.
- Finish three xmas knits, including at least one that is not a hat. Done! I finished a few different gift knits this month and it feels nice to have them out of the way well before the holiday crunch.
- Finish the section of 16 feathers that I am working on for my Wingspan. Nope. I was focusing more on gift knitting this month and didn’t make nearly as much progress on this as I had hoped.
- Weave in all the existing ends on my Hex Blanket. I still have a few more rows to attach, but the sheer number of ends is daunting right now. I’m hoping if I spend some time taking care of those I’ll be more motivated to add some hexes as well.
- Finish the current section of my Wingspan. I didn’t get much done on that in August and I really need to push if I want to finish this shawl sometime this year.
- Crochet something. It has been a while since I made any crochet projects. I’d like to make something even if it is small.
2021 Big Goals Progress
- Knit a sweater. Done! The baby sweater I made in August was my 4th sweater of the year!
- Complete a blanket. I didn’t work on my blanket this month but now that the weather is about to get cooler I’m ready to get back to it.
- Either finish or get rid of any WIPs that carried over from last year. No progress.
- Make a return to digital art. No progress this month.
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. use up 1495 g). I gained 780 g of yarn in August, and used up 512 g. Most of the gain was a Halloween advent I ordered a few months ago, and which I still have to wait another month to start opening. It feels very unfair.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
|Knitty and Color, 1 skein and 3 minis||160|
|Dragon Horde Yarn, Dark Crystal Advent (31 minis)||620|
|Starting Grid Hat||63|
|Flax Baby Sweater||109|
|Barley Baby Hat||29|
I can’t even tell you how excited I am for cooler weather to return. I can’t wait to get back to making larger projects like sweaters and blankets.