They’re done! For some reason it felt like it took longer than usual to weave in all the ends, but still a piece of cake. I’m glad I managed to get through these while it is still somewhat close to the spooky season. I’m also glad I ended up having exactly enough of the self-striping yarn to finish the foot. I think I had about 12 inches leftover. Yarn chicken win! It is really nice to know that I can get two full-sized pairs of socks out of one skein of yarn if I use contrasting heels/toes/cuffs. I liked the first pair I made quite a lot, but it was also nice to make a vanilla pair that really just highlighted the stripes without any pattern in the way.
Now I just need to decide whether to try to finish what is already on my needles, or cast on some more holiday gift knitting. Both are noble goals so I will just have to see what I feel like doing in the moment.