I’ve been enjoying the last few cold days of late winter/early spring. Now I have to wait for months before we get real sweater weather back again. At least I have plenty of project ideas to keep me busy until then.
Completed in March:
- St. Patrick’s Day Soda Bread – baking
- Wingspan – knit
- Witchling – knit
- Granny Blanket – crochet
March Goals in review:
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. Nope. Now that it is warm out all my motivation to fix it has passed. I’ll do my best to get it done before it gets cold again in the fall.
- Knit on my Wingspan a little every week. Nope. I did work on it some, but I missed some times where I was too focused on sweater knitting.
- Start my colorwork sweater. Done!
- No new big knitting projects until the end of the month or my Wingspan is done (whichever comes first). I have so many fabulous sweater ideas bouncing around, but I just can’t focus on my old projects when there’s something new to play with.
- No new yarn until I get my stash back to where it was on January 1st. If I’m not casting on a lot of new projects, I should not be buying new yarn anyway, right?
- Knit some shortie socks. I miss having socks on the needles, and I would like to use up some more of the minis from my 2021 advent. Plus this improves the chances that I’ll actually finish something this month.
2022 Big Goals:
How am I doing on my big goals for the year so far?
- Learn entrelac. No progress
- Finish my Wingspan. It is still moving forward, but has been slowing down.
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. No progress
- Knit a colorwork sweater. I started on this one in March, and am over halfway done!
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. net decrease of ~2900 g). I used up a respectable 537 g this month, but I still haven’t climbed out of the hole I dug in January.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
March was a month of progress on big projects. It felt like I wasn’t accomplishing much because I didn’t finish anything, but I got more than half of a colorwork sweater knit in one month!