This is the month where my work is requiring us to start coming back into the office. I am expecting a lot of stress knitting. Thank goodness for hobbies!
Completed in April:
- Witchling – knit
- Magical Shorties – knit
- Entrelac Practice – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Granny Blanket – crochet
- Caramel Socks – knit
April Goals in review:
- No new big knitting projects until the end of the month or my Wingspan is done (whichever comes first). Done. I started socks and a dishcloth but nothing large.
- No new yarn until I get my stash back to where it was on January 1st. Nope. I gave in and bought some sale yarn from a dyer I really like. No regrets since I still used way more yarn than I purchased this month.
- Knit some shortie socks. Done.
- Finish my Wingspan. This is a gigantic stretch, but who cares? I will probably never enjoy this knit, but it does get easier when I work on it more often. Even if I don’t finish this month maybe I can at least get it off the needles before its second “birthday” in July.
- No new yarn. I had a small backslide last month but this month I want to go back to zero new yarn, especially since my yarn use for the month will be low if I am focusing on my Wingspan.
- Keep crocheting something. This could be my blanket, or something smaller and more summery. I just want to make sure I keep up my crochet momentum because I’ve been enjoying it lately.
2022 Big Goals:
How am I doing on my big goals for the year so far?
- Learn entrelac. Done! I did one practice project and have learned the technique, although I’d still like to use it in a “real” project too.
- Finish my Wingspan. It is getting there, and I am determined to finish it before July.
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. No progress
- Knit a colorwork sweater. Done!
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. net decrease of ~2900 g). I used up 783 g in April, but I also bought 3 skeins for a net of 483 g stash reduction.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
|Dragon Hoard Yarn||300|
I am itching to get started on a new sweater project, but am trying to channel that into motivation to finish my shawl first. Let’s see if I can make it through the month without giving in to my impulses.
HaHa, that buy less yarn is really a tough goal isn’t it!! I just bought not one but two advent calendars. Fortunately I won’t count the yarn until it arrives so I have six months to exit some yarns!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Advents and clubs are nice that way! I may have bought into a yarn club already this month, but since it won’t start until June it doesn’t count against me yet 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person