Summer is officially here. I’ll be hiding inside with the air conditioning until it is safe to go back out while wearing hand knits again.
Completed in May:
- Caramel Socks – knit
- Wingspan – knit
- Granny Blanket – crochet
- Napatree Tee – knit
May Goals in review:
- Finish my Wingspan. Done!* The asterisk is because while the project is off the needles, it is still waiting for my experiment in overdyeing before I call it completely finished. Still, I never expected to actually get it bound off this month!
- No new yarn. Nope. I ordered some yarn to make a gift and it arrived just before the end of the month. Hopefully it will get used up in June. I also put in an order for a yarn advent that won’t arrive until closer to the holidays. In the meantime the advent doesn’t count since the yarn isn’t actually in my stash yet.
- Keep crocheting something. Done. I kept up with my Granny Blanket much more than I expected to.
- Finish my Napatree Tee. I’ve neglected it while finishing up my Wingspan, but I really want to get it done. Plus I always love working on a rainbow project during Pride month!
- Knit a small fun project. I have been working on a bunch of large, slow projects lately. I need to make space for a quick win.
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. This is my only “big goal” for the year that I haven’t started on yet. I know it will take some research to learn how to fix brioche, and I would really like to get this done so I can wear it when fall rolls back around.
2022 Big Goals:
How am I doing on my big goals for the year so far?
- Learn entrelac. Done!
- Finish my Wingspan. Done! The knitting is finished at least, and the project will be completely out of my hair very soon!
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. No progress
- Knit a colorwork sweater. Done!
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. net decrease of ~2900 g). This month I used up 651 g of yarn and gained 300 g. That means I’m only a few skeins away from getting back to net zero for the year!
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
It is always hard to keep up my knitting motivation in the summer when it gets so hot. Hopefully I can still have a productive month.
I have the same problem with summer knitting. May was a disaster for me. And I didn’t start June off well. I really have to focus!! Good for you for resisting yarn buying. I just did a stash inventory and confirmed I have 5+ years of project yarn already in my stash!!! Should help motivate me to resist buying more yarn!! One can hope.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Oh wow. I never thought about figuring out how long it would take me to knit up my stash. Just knowing the weight of it is bad enough! I am guessing I have at least 5 years worth too. Stay strong!
LikeLiked by 1 person