We’re well and truly into summertime now. That means we’re inching closer to autumn, my favorite time of year. As long as I can survive the next few hot, humid months I’ll be rewarded with sweater weather!
Completed in June:
- Granny Blanket – crochet
- Napatree Tee – knit
June Goals in review:
- Finish my Napatree Tee. Nope. I got too distracted with other things and didn’t even come close.
- Knit a small fun project. Done! I am definitely counting the baby cardigan as a small fun project.
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. Done! It was so intimidating cutting into a finished garment, but I’m so glad I did.
- Get to the sleeve separation for my Napatree Tee. I definitely dreamed too big on this goal last month, so I’m setting a more manageable one for July. If I can get the lower body done I’ll be satisfied.
- Finish the body of my Granny Blanket. There are only a few colors of yarn left for me to finish off, so if I keep up my current pace I should be able to start on the border by the end of the month.
- Keep my hobby time relaxed. I have a lot of other things going on in my life this month, so for a change I am intentionally trying not to stretch myself with my hobbies. No big deadlines, no piles of gift knitting, just working on whatever I feel like in the moment.
2022 Big Goals:
How am I doing on my big goals for the year so far?
- Learn entrelac. Done!
- Finish my Wingspan. Done! I absolutely love it now that I changed the color!
- Fix my Fluff Nugget. Done! I am so excited to be able to wear this all winter.
- Knit a colorwork sweater. Done!
- End the year with less yarn than I started 2020 with (i.e. net decrease of ~2900 g). I had a setback this month because the first month of my yarn club came in, and I also bought a sweater’s quantity of yarn to make an xmas gift for my dad. I gained 820 g and used up 449 g for a net gain of 371 g of yarn this month.
|Yarn In (g)||Yarn Out (g)|
I’m still continuing my trend of fewer projects this month. I really enjoy the feeling of progress and the lack of anxiety that result. It gives me some time to relax before I suddenly remember all of the xmas gifts I want to make this Fall.