Fluff Nugget Fix finished!

I'm skipping my blanket update for this week so I can share this finished project instead! It has not been re-blocked yet but otherwise it is all done. The sleeves ended up needing more length than I originally thought, but I am very happy with how they turned out. This cardigan is so squishy and... Continue Reading →

Fluff Nugget Fix progress (3)

I'm over halfway through with the additional brioche rows, and I have become determined to finish this in time to meet my goal for the month. The thing that keeps getting in the way is the fact that because this is brioche, every finished row requires working the fabric twice. It makes everything feel like... Continue Reading →

Fluff Nugget Fix progress (2)

I finished the first sleeve! Once it was bound off I tried it on, and I'm so much happier with the length now. I can't wait to get the other sleeve done and see how much better everything fits. I think I will end up wearing this so much more when I am happier with... Continue Reading →

Fluff Nugget Fix progress

This was my main knitting project over the weekend, and I think I am finally happy with the length. I measured before I cut the cuff off and estimated I would need about four extra inches. As I knit I kept trying it on and ended up going for almost six inches in total. Now... Continue Reading →

Fluff Nugget Fix started

One of my big goals for this year is to fix this cardigan. I love it a lot and wore it a few times over the winter, but the sleeves were just way too short. The pattern had some comments about how some of the test knitters' sleeves grew a lot during blocking, so I... Continue Reading →

Wingspan Overdye Experiment

I was really nervous throwing this shawl I spent 2 years knitting into the dye vat. I knew by the time I finished it that I would never really be happy with the pink color, so I figured what the heck. Might as well dye it and see if it could turn into something that... Continue Reading →

Yarn Dyeing Experiment

I jumped into my yarn dyeing experiment just as soon as my Wingspan was off the needles. I wound the leftover yarn into a hank and soaked it in tap water for a few hours. Then I dropped it into the stock pot with some vinegar and food coloring, and crossed my fingers. I went... Continue Reading →

Entrelac Practice finished!

I finished my entrelac piece! It was a lot of fun to knit because it meant putting skills I already know into practice in a new way. The striped yarn playing with the entrelac pattern also made it interesting to look at the whole way through. Even though this is destined to be a dishcloth,... Continue Reading →

Entrelac Practice progress

I've been spending my knitting time working on this practice piece. It turns out that Entrelac is not that difficult, it is just a little fiddly in some places. I think the result looks very interesting but also a bit odd. Maybe that's a reason why none of the entrelac patterns I've been browsing have... Continue Reading →

Entrelac Practice started

Learning entrelac is on my big goals list for this year. I spent a lot of time looking at patterns and couldn't figure out a good place to start. Luckily a kind reader pointed me toward this pattern that has a basic entrelac blanket square. I decided to make it to learn the technique, and... Continue Reading →

Future Cast-Ons

No project photo today because seeing a few new rounds of plain stockinette is not exciting for anybody. I've been struggling a bit the past few weeks to come up with meaningful updates because of the kinds of projects I've been working on. Since I only have three active WIPs and they are all fairly... Continue Reading →

Spoopy Socks progress

I spent most of my weekend knitting time working on these socks. As you can see, I have made it through the heel on the first sock and have started the heel on the second one. The pattern calls for a heel flap and gusset but I am substituting a shadow wrap heel. I've only... Continue Reading →

Website Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑